Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hutch (???) is visiting our house in Loveland.

Hi, Mom here:

Hubby, and Hutch, are in Loveland for the next couple of days while I work. Everything is going well and Hutch seems to be settling into his new surroundings.
Because we travel between the two houses, our fur babies need to feel comfortable at both places and although they are not found of the car ride, the cat's have adapted to changing homes, and liter boxes!
Now, Hutch will have to hone his adapting skills.  When I last talked to Hubby, he said Hutch has become his little shadow and I imagine that is because of the change in scenery.  I know he will do just fine, in time, and will become the best traveler of the three.

Our tired, little man after playing at the Dog Park!
News Flash:

Hubby named Chloe, and Cecil, when we added them to our family.  If I remember right,  I gave him a list of four names to choose from when we brought Chloe home. Then, six months later, when Cecil joined us....Hubby decided his name.
So, it is only fitting that Hubby decides if we keep the name Hutch, or change it. I just talked to him a little while ago and he expressed his dislike for the name Hutch. I don't dislike the name but Hubby said " that is where rabbits live, the name doesn't fit him".
When I asked Hubby what name would fit, he did not hesitate but said "Winston"!
Well, I do think he looks like a Winston!  Winston it is!!!
I was a little sad that the name doesn't start with a "C" but maybe he could be Winston CHURCHILL Becker!!!

For now, I will leave you with this:

“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”

7 comments:

  1. Well. Well. A fine name, indeed, if I say so myself! I am more than flattered to share such a proper, well respected and strong British name. Winston. Yes ... a very suiting name for your new chap!

    Many congratulations! I never had any doubt but that everything would work out swimmingly.

    Respectfully, and fondly,
    Winston W Heeless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predict that Churchill will become a great traveller. Gussie loves to go on trips, and Teka has adjusted. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait till the Two Special Wires see this...have you met their Winston?? He's quite handsome...same square face....yes, I've dated him....he has a bit of saw dust in his leggies....

    Winston is a perfect name for your little man....now, as befitting that regal name, perhaps a PURPLE harness????

    HAHAHAHAHAA...we just saw Winston had commented...never have figured out where that chap's wheels went....

    You kids are making our month!!

    Kisses,

    Miss Lacie and her stoopid brothers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chloe! Hi Cecil! Hi Winston! We think it is so cool you get to live in two places - we know a couple other cats that do too, and a few dogs also - and they all do fine, so we think Winston will do great. We are a bit jealous you get to travel to a bunch of places to stay - that sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We like the name Winston. Chloe and Cecil, you are being good kitties to live in two different places. Must be fun to smell things all over again. Glad you are adjusting well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!!!! I like the name Winston better than I like Hutch also......and WINSTON CHURCHILL is pure genius!!!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments! Winston is now answering better to his name, maybe he always felt like a Winston instead of a Hutch.
    @Gus, Winston was great during his first travel between houses. Although, he did not like Loveland's dog park as much as he liked the one closest to our Condo.
    @Scruffy, Lacie and Standley, Hmmmm, a purple harness sound interesting and very regal!
    @Amy and Marge, As always, thanks for your comments!
    @Caren, I had to get my "C" in there!

    ReplyDelete